Waste Business Hub
Waste Business Hub is a startup incubator that is training young people to exploit the business opportunities available in the domain of waste in order to alleviate poverty and curb youth unemployment, improve agriculture and biodiversity conservation, improve health and wellbeing, reduce inequalities as well as combat climate change and promote sustainable cities and communities. The main goal of the Hub is to train a new generation of Waste Business Entrepreneurs (Wastepreneurs) and its objectives are to;
- Educate and empower young people to exploit the business opportunities available in the domain of waste hence transforming them to become Waste Business Entrepreneurs (Wastepreneurs)
- Reduce the amount of textile, tires, and plastic waste that gets burned or goes into the landfill hence improving the state of the environment and reducing the amount of pollution.
- Produce and market low-cost textile, tire, and plastic-recycled products that are available and affordable.
- Improve the health and well-being of people and the planet.
- Produce DIYs for textile, tire, and plastic waste management in a bid to educate and engage the population in recycling and sustainable waste management.
The Hub currently operates three (03) Waste Management projects that are recycling automobile tires, textile, and plastic waste.